Neue Testversion 24.40b9

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b9

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

The grouping option for colours, gradients, and patterns is brilliant! Long overdue. I hope that this will also be implemented for the remaining list panels, such as the brushes (absolutely required), line styles, text styles (important!), and layer styles, curves list, clipart list, shape list, outlines list, etc.

...but what happened to the Curves editor? It's almost unreadable now. The previous version wasn't broken in my opinion.

I do agree being able to display the other channels is also very handy within context, but it should be an option: turn on and off depending on what we are doing and need to see. Ideally implement with an opacity control option?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2024 16:48

Neues:
  • Mausklicks, Windows: 3fach-Klick wird unterstützt
  • Textebenen, Selektion mit Strg-Pfeil hoch/runter: Arbeitet absatzweise
Thank you SO much!!! Selecting paragraphs will be much MUCH easier now, and far quicker as well.

Thumbs up!!!
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2024 23:30 There's been an Action palette regression:

Prior method(<=v24.40.7):

Single click - open edit field to change the action name
Double click - run the action

Now(v24.40.9):

Single click - nothing?!
Double click - open edit field to change the action name

The only way to run an action now is to click on the Play arrow. The new controls are a lot less convenient. Please change it back to: single click - edit, double click - run action.
I will change that.
pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2024 23:30 I'm curious as to what's happening to cause these regressions to keep popping up?
Grouping of colors required large changes. And large changes can have unwanted side effects.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Do 08 Feb 2024 11:20 I do agree being able to display the other channels is also very handy within context, but it should be an option: turn on and off depending on what we are doing and need to see. Ideally implement with an opacity control option?
User option to set histogram opacity in Curves sounds like great idea! It could be a slider in Preferences or few fixed options in right-click menu, like Opacity 100%, 75%, 50% 25%, 0%
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

SatControls.jpg
The new empty circles for slider controls are difficult to see. The solid black dots were a lot better. At least for my screen colors. YMMV
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Well, your Windows theme seems low contrast and all other buttons are also low visible. But anyway i also don't like how those new sliders look in light UI. Simple solid black slider handles where better recognized because they match to triangle handles look and feel.
In 24.40b8 they where even less contrast. 24.40b9 they are slightly better visible but still low visible. Guess developer's idea was to match sliders to system UI look and feel.

Before it all those changes my original suggestion was just add thin 1px outline mask to separate slider handle from ruler:
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Actions funktionieren nicht

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

Die Actions funktionieren in dieser Version nicht mehr per Doppelclick. Ich muss die gewünschte Action auswählen und dann auf das Play-Symbol clicken. Ein Doppelclick lässt nur ein Rename / Umbennung zu.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 17.45.50.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Actions funktionieren nicht

der_fotograf hat geschrieben: Di 13 Feb 2024 20:41 Die Actions funktionieren in dieser Version nicht mehr per Doppelclick. Ich muss die gewünschte Action auswählen und dann auf das Play-Symbol clicken. Ein Doppelclick lässt nur ein Rename / Umbennung zu.
Ja. Das wird repariert.

Martin
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 07 Feb 2024 20:37
pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Mi 07 Feb 2024 20:08 I can't imagine a use case for it. Can someone help me understand where/why it would be used? Anyway, why do you need a [Cmd/Ctrl] modifier to activate that feature? Couldn't it be triggered by just dragging the mouse (comparing the mouse down position to the mouse up position)? But again. to me, this feature seems like a solution looking for a problem. So I still vote for the original Photoline key modifiers for the curves dialog.
Color Area selection is great feature that allow to pick averaged color value from any desired area. Similar option is used in all modern Raw editors. In PhotoLine it works in same way in any tool that have picker. And it can't be triggered by just dragging the mouse without key modifier because sometimes you may need pick a color form single pixel of from fixed rectangle area defined in Color Picker tool settings.
shijan, I understand the concept of color averaging, my question was "where/why would it be used?" You didn't provide any examples, so I still wonder: What's it for? And just because *everyone* else does it isn't a sufficient answer - that's how Feature Bloat happens. So if there's *limited* use case, what's the point? And *WHY* was the [Cmd/Ctrl] key *hijacked* for this limited use function. Especially since it breaks a long standing, and documented, keyboard function (place points on all curves). I would argue that placing points on all curves is much more useful. Also there are plenty of other keys available for this averaging function. Why not [x]? It's close to other modifier keys, so easy to reach.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Sa 17 Feb 2024 00:53 What's it for?
To pick color from area in Color Editor to use it for Brush painting.
To pick color from area in Channel Mixer in Linear gamma images or White Point/Gray Point to adjust White Balance.
To pick color from area in Curves Gray Picker to auto correct color cast.

In most cases color should be picked from large area, not from single pixel. In real life fixed rectangle area don't works well in all situations because it can't fit to any desired area, for example when color should be picked from some wide thin shape, like edge of the film frame. Also it is way faster and easier to hold Command and pick color from area than manually switch color picker between 3x3, 11x11, 31x31 and other fixed sizes and attempt to guess the best possible area. Also when hold Command we can see area frame and it is way more useful compare to "invisible" rectangle in fixed color picker size there is no risk to pick unwanted areas by accident. So in most cases i personally use Command+drag all the time anywhere because it is best way to pick a color.
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Noch ein Käferchen:

Wenn ich ein TIFF bearbeite und als *.PLD speichere, ist alles ok.
Wenn ich dieses *.PLD aber ohne weitere Bearbeitung anschliessend schliessen will, erhalte ich die Meldung
»Do you want to save the changes you made to the document "_DSC5805.pld"?«
Das macht keinen Sinn, da ich das *.PLD ja grade gespeichert habe.
Dieses Verhalten gibt es schon länger, aber es hat mich nicht sonderlich gestört.

Gleiches passiert jetzt aber auch, wenn ich das *.PLD (die immer noch geöffnete Datei) auf 1.500 x 1.000 pixel verkleinere und dann »Save as JPG« durchführe. Das JPEG wird sauber weggeschrieben, aber wenn ich das JPEG, d.h. die immer noch offene Datei schliessen will, erhalte ich diese Meldung:

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 11.41.24.jpg
Huh? Die habe ich doch grade gespeichert und nicht mehr angefasst.

Irgendwo scheint da ein »Schalter« defekt zu sein, der sich merkt, dass die geöffnete Datei nicht A. mehr verändert und B. bereits gespeichert wurde.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

der_fotograf hat geschrieben: Sa 17 Feb 2024 13:08 Wenn ich ein TIFF bearbeite und als *.PLD speichere, ist alles ok.
Wenn ich dieses *.PLD aber ohne weitere Bearbeitung anschliessend schliessen will, erhalte ich die Meldung
»Do you want to save the changes you made to the document "_DSC5805.pld"?«
(...)

Gleiches passiert jetzt aber auch, wenn ich das *.PLD (die immer noch geöffnete Datei) auf 1.500 x 1.000 pixel verkleinere und dann »Save as JPG« durchführe. Das JPEG wird sauber weggeschrieben, aber wenn ich das JPEG, d.h. die immer noch offene Datei schliessen will, erhalte ich diese Meldung:
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 11.41.24.jpg
Ich kann das hier bei mir nicht nachvollziehen.
Meine Vorgehensweise:
  • 16-Bit-TIFF (RGB-Bild, nur eine Ebene) geladen
  • mit dem Malwerkzeug einen Strich gemalt -> Dokument wird durch einen Punkt im roten Schließknopf als geändert markiert
  • Ich speichere das Dokument mit "Datei > Sichern unter ..." als "test.pld" -> die Änderungsmarkierung verschwindet
  • Wenn ich das Dokument nun schließe, kommt keine Nachfrage, ob ich speichern will.
  • Lasse ich "test.pld" geöffnet und skaliere es mit "Ebene > Ebene skalieren...", erscheint die Änderungsmarkierung wieder.
  • Speichere ich es danach wieder mit "Datei > Sichern unter ...", diesmal als "test.jpg", verschwindet die Änderungsmarkierung.
  • Wenn ich das Dokument nun schließe, kommt keine Nachfrage, ob ich speichern will.
Ist das Problem bei dir nachvollziehbar?
Tritt es mit allen Dokumenten auf oder nur mit manchen?
Zeigt "Anzeige > Dialoge > Undoliste" irgendwelche Besonderheiten an?

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2024 16:48 Hallo,
  • Mausklicks, Windows: 3fach-Klick wird unterstützt
Just wanted to thank you guys again for this. It's already saving me much time and just makes working with text 10 times better in PhotoLine.

Small things, great rewards! ;-)
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 19 Feb 2024 12:03 Ich kann das hier bei mir nicht nachvollziehen.

Ist das Problem bei dir nachvollziehbar?
Habe ich eben genau nach Deiner Anleitung gemacht, keine Fehler, keine gesonderte Nachfrage.
Tritt es mit allen Dokumenten auf oder nur mit manchen?
Nur mit manchen Dokumenten, aber ich kann derzeit nicht nachvollziehen, mit welchen. Es sind aber immer 16bit TIFFs, die ich bearbeitet und dann als PLD gespeichert habe.

Ach, moment, da sind dann meist zusätzliche Ebenen drin, 1 Kopie der Bildebene für Retuschen, eine Ebene für Kurven, eine Ebene für Lasso-Objekt, eine Ebene für Histogramm… kann es daran liegen?

<quote>
Zeigt "Anzeige > Dialoge > Undoliste" irgendwelche Besonderheiten an?

[/quote]

Nein, die Undoliste ist bei mir immer geöffnet und zeigt nur das an, was ich gemacht habe. Wie immer, ohne Änderung.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

der_fotograf hat geschrieben: Di 20 Feb 2024 13:26 Ach, moment, da sind dann meist zusätzliche Ebenen drin, 1 Kopie der Bildebene für Retuschen, eine Ebene für Kurven, eine Ebene für Lasso-Objekt, eine Ebene für Histogramm… kann es daran liegen?
Ich halte das schon für möglich, aber ich kenne momentan keine Konstellation, bei der es ein Problem gibt.

Wenn du ein Dokument und/oder eine Vorgehensweise hast, wie man das Problem nachvollziehen kann, wäre es gut, wenn du uns das schicken könntest.

Martin