Neue Testversion 24.40b9

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 24.40b9

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 24.40b9.

Windows:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2440b9.zip

macOS:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2440b9.zip

Neues:
  • Alphaversion einer Farbliste mit Gruppen
  • Mausklicks, Windows: 3fach-Klick wird unterstützt
  • Textebenen, Selektion mit Strg-Pfeil hoch/runter: Arbeitet absatzweise
  • Diverse Fehlerbehebungen und kleinere Verbesserungen
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 24.40b9

Beitrag von shijan »

Some other problems fixed in 24.40b9 added to Large List of Bugfixes 2019-2024:
  • Request/Idea: Redesign idea for Adjustments icon frame in Layers tree.
  • Request/Idea: Show color values with precision up to 100.00% in Color Info.
  • Request/Idea: Color list with groups (requested by multiple users)
  • Request/Idea: Support Triple click for text line selection in Windows.
  • Airbrush jumps in the end of line and skip some space if draw fast.
  • If Edge Width in Settings set to 1000%, Document moves away when use lasso close to the edge.
  • In Curves Adjustment docking panel, if enable picker at the right side and then disable main global picker - picker at the right side remains visually enabled.
  • Histogram looks too dark or too light in different places in 24.40b8.
  • Some English translation and Upper case missing in compression settings of different file formats.
  • In Browse Prop it is better to arrange information same as in Browse Options.
  • In Browse Prop it is better to change "Picture Name" to "File Name", because Browse can show name of any file type there.
  • In Windows if create Curves Adjustment, there is UI artifact.
  • .PAL color collection files disabled when i attempt to load them and in FInder dialog window file format options set to "Color List".
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Mi 07 Feb 2024 15:04, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

Thanks for fixing the ability to non-destructively copy off the undo stack - I'd missed that functionality. Unfortunately only one part of the Curves dialog regressions was fixed. When clicking to create a new anchor point, it remains selected, thanks for that. But to add anchors to all the channels the function is still [Cmd,Ctrl]+[Alt]+click. The original way was to use the [Cmd,Ctrl] WITHOUT the [alt] key modifier. Maybe when that regression is fixed a couple of other functions can be enhanced. First it would be nice if when using the [Cmd,Ctrl]+click (add anchor points to all channels) that an anchor is also added to the "summation" channel. Also it would be awesome if there were a way to drop a "color position" marker when using the [Cmd,Ctrl]+click function. Maybe add an [Alt] key modifier? Thanks again for all your work! I'm still amazed you guys pack *so* much functionality into such a small app.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Color list with groups seems works well. I can Group/Ungroup, create groups inside groups and drag and drop groups as well. It also nice that if don't use groups, everything looks clean and simple same as before and there are no unused UI elements that waste space.
Bild

One little idea - when use only one level of the group, is it possible to hide that empty space at the left? Like this:
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2024 19:33 But to add anchors to all the channels the function is still [Cmd,Ctrl]+[Alt]+click. The original way was to use the [Cmd,Ctrl] WITHOUT the [alt] key modifier.
Currently [Alt]+click to create points for all the channels. Or Command+Alt+Click&Drag to create points for all the channels based on area. I updated list of some newly discovered shortcuts here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6981
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

There's been an Action palette regression:

Prior method(<=v24.40.7):

Single click - open edit field to change the action name
Double click - run the action

Now(v24.40.9):

Single click - nothing?!
Double click - open edit field to change the action name

The only way to run an action now is to click on the Play arrow. The new controls are a lot less convenient. Please change it back to: single click - edit, double click - run action.

I'm curious as to what's happening to cause these regressions to keep popping up?

And shijan thanks for your input, but I think you're missing the point. There should be *no* reason to press the [alt] key! It used to work without it and the current behavior, with it, is a regression, and should be fixed.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2024 23:30 The only way to run an action now is to click on the Play arrow. The new controls are a lot less convenient. Please change it back to: single click - edit, double click - run action.
I agree. Double click to play action was quick and easy way to go. I never used actual Play button.

pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2024 23:30 And shijan thanks for your input, but I think you're missing the point. There should be *no* reason to press the [alt] key! It used to work without it and the current behavior, with it, is a regression, and should be fixed.
I really can't understand what did you purpose. Create points to All curves together by default without clicking Alt is a bad idea as for me. It was never before an option to create points like this as i remember.
Click (or Click&Drag, or Command+Click&Drag) = Add point to currently used single channel curve and activates it.
Alt+Click (or Command+Alt+Click&Drag) = Add points to R G B curves.
What else could be improved here?
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Mi 07 Feb 2024 01:32, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
betotex
Mitglied

Beitrag von betotex »

Something is wrong with the View>Toolbars>General. When I expand the panel the icons don´t move and desappear...
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

shijan I think you misunderstood me.

To be clearer on how I think anchor point creation on curves should work:

click - create new anchor point on current curve and stay selected

[Cmd/Ctrl]+click - create new anchor points on *all* curves, including summation curve

[Alt]+[Cmd/Ctrl]+click - create new anchor points on all curves, including summation curve, *and* place a Color Position marker at that spot on image

HTH
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

Other issues with the new curves dialog.

Right clicking on the curve and switching between Linear/Logarithmic is broken.

I don't understand why other color curves are shown for a particular channel. If I select the red channel, *all* the other channels are overlaid on the red curve and it becomes *very* confusing. I end up having to stare at the curve for a while just to figure out what's going on. Very disruptive! This is all very new and not very useful.(IMO) Since there's no way to manipulate those other curves it just makes the curve extremely busy and hard to figure out what's going on. Please revert to the curves display that was present in beta version 24.40b7 and earlier.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Mi 07 Feb 2024 14:51 Right clicking on the curve and switching between Linear/Logarithmic is broken.
To see changes in Linear/Logarithmic histogram you need to switch to other adjustment and than back to curves. It is not changes instantly.
pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Mi 07 Feb 2024 14:51 I don't understand why other color curves are shown for a particular channel. If I select the red channel, *all* the other channels are overlaid on the red curve and it becomes *very* confusing.
It is named "histograms" not "color curves". I sort of agree that additional histograms in R G B tabs in most cases are not too useful.

In summary mode other curves are visible and this is normal, because usually you need to see what is going on in all channels together. By the way, i also requested for option to see all channels curves in background in R G B curves tabs.

I agree that all that info may feel a little bit overloaded visually compare to other image editors that use more primitive curves. Something could be improved a little bit with colors changes. Mabe make histograms in curves a little bit less contrast, so main curve will be better visible? I also like to have an option in right-click menu to turn histogram overlay in curves on/off.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Di 06 Feb 2024 19:33(...) But to add anchors to all the channels the function is still [Cmd,Ctrl]+[Alt]+click. The original way was to use the [Cmd,Ctrl] WITHOUT the [alt] key modifier.
(...)
Currently Cmd/Ctrl+click&drag is used to read the color of a rectangle (color picker tool, various other dialogs that allow picking colors).

If we want to keep this function, another modifier is needed for creating a point in all channels. We chose Alt for that.
So:
- Click creates a point in the active channel.
- Cmd/Ctrl+click&drag reads the color of a rectangle and creates a point in the active channel.
- Alt+click creates a point in all channels.
- Cmd/Ctrl+Alt+click&drag reads the color of a rectangle and creates a point in all channels.
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

Okay, so we all agree: click creates an anchor on the current curve. Yea! I didn't know about the color "selection rectangle" feature. I can't imagine a use case for it. Can someone help me understand where/why it would be used? Anyway, why do you need a [Cmd/Ctrl] modifier to activate that feature? Couldn't it be triggered by just dragging the mouse (comparing the mouse down position to the mouse up position)? But again. to me, this feature seems like a solution looking for a problem. So I still vote for the original Photoline key modifiers for the curves dialog.

shijan, I disagree, that viewing the other *histograms* is useful. When you say you want to see "...what's going on in all channels..." - what's the use of that? You can't adjust any of them. More is *not* always better! I use the Histogram panel to monitor in real-time that information. And that's also were my confusion with the Log/Lin display for the histograms in curves *dialog* came from - the Histogram *panel* changes right away - an inconsistent interface element. There need's to be some sort of feedback that it's changed - currently it seems broken. And gee, who would think, "It's changed, but not right now"?
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Mi 07 Feb 2024 20:08 I can't imagine a use case for it. Can someone help me understand where/why it would be used? Anyway, why do you need a [Cmd/Ctrl] modifier to activate that feature? Couldn't it be triggered by just dragging the mouse (comparing the mouse down position to the mouse up position)? But again. to me, this feature seems like a solution looking for a problem. So I still vote for the original Photoline key modifiers for the curves dialog.
Color Area selection is great feature that allow to pick averaged color value from any desired area. Similar option is used in all modern Raw editors. In PhotoLine it works in same way in any tool that have picker. And it can't be triggered by just dragging the mouse without key modifier because sometimes you may need pick a color form single pixel of from fixed rectangle area defined in Color Picker tool settings.
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Mi 07 Feb 2024 22:55, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

pixel8tor hat geschrieben: Mi 07 Feb 2024 20:08 shijan, I disagree, that viewing the other *histograms* is useful. When you say you want to see "...what's going on in all channels..." - what's the use of that? You can't adjust any of them. More is *not* always better! I use the Histogram panel to monitor in real-time that information. And that's also were my confusion with the Log/Lin display for the histograms in curves *dialog* came from - the Histogram *panel* changes right away - an inconsistent interface element. There need's to be some sort of feedback that it's changed - currently it seems broken. And gee, who would think, "It's changed, but not right now"?
I didn't say about other *histograms* i say about other curves. For example when i adjust point on R curve alone i want to see sometimes how is it arranged compare to G and B curves.