Selecting paragraphs of text: The Discovery

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Herbert123
Mitglied

Selecting paragraphs of text: The Discovery

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

So... I feel like a nincompoop now.

Years and years I've worked with PhotoLine on a mostly daily basis, editing text documents and huge elaborate compositions. I dare call myself a PhotoLine expert user.

For years I have lamented the missing option to select a paragraph: in other design and text editing software triple-clicking a paragraph generally selects that paragraph. Never complained about it here, because it didn't seem important. Just a small thing missing.

Today I discover by accident that placing the mouse cursor left to the start of a line of text while in text edit mode allows us to drag-select multiple lines.

slapheadmoment.png

I never knew nor found out about this before. I feel quite stupid now. That could have saved me tons of time over the years.

Now. before I make the same mistake again: is anyone here aware of an even quicker method to select an entire paragraph? Triple-clicking won't work. Tried that the very first time when I started using PhotoLine.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Selecting paragraphs of text: The Discovery

Beitrag von shijan »

Yep, i discovered that "placing the mouse cursor left to the start of a line of text while in text edit mode" when i created icons and cursors pack and noticed that special "mirrored" cursor. So i asked Martin Huber and he explained the purpose of that cursor.

In macOS version triple click selects text line (same as click on the left side of the text). This is very useful default for any text editor in macOS. Windows OS unfortunately don't have this triple click effect at all.
Guess the simplest way to select paragraph is Click on start of the text and then Shift+Click on end of the text. But if paragraph is too large, you may need to scroll a lot. So theoretically some sort of special command to select paragraph may be useful.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Selecting paragraphs of text: The Discovery

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Yes, I was somewhat surprised to discover that text selection option :D

I do still think that triple-clicking inside a paragraph should select that entire paragraph, though. Perhaps it will be implemented (I hope so).
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait