Crop image no longer works???

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
maho
Mitglied

Crop image no longer works???

Beitrag von maho »

Hi guys,

I'm having a very basic but frustrating problem that's driving me crazy - see this sample image here.

Two layers: an RGB image layer (flower), and a Vector layer above it (red circle).

Here are the actions I am trying to do:

Select Vector layer
Tool -> Lasso -> Layer to Lasso
Tool -> Lasso -> Crop

The desired effect is a cropped image of the flower. Instead, I get a blank image.

This problem happens on both Windows and MacOS.

Perhaps a related problem:
The original image size of the flower is 38KB (as a JPG). Adding the Vector layer of the circle and saving as a PLD expands the file size to 331KB.
maho
Mitglied

Re: Crop image no longer works???

Beitrag von maho »

Never mind - I think I found the answer. The circle Vector object was thickness = 1 pixel. Changing it to thickness = 0 pixels allowed it to make a Lasso that actually worked.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

You need to use filled vector layer instead of vector outline. It could be done by clicking this arrow button.
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
maho
Mitglied

Beitrag von maho »

Thanks for your help shijan. I've been using PL since 2003, and I've never cropped that way before. But it does seem to work.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

maho hat geschrieben: Di 30 Jan 2024 06:32...and I've never cropped that way before...
Hm... How have you done it before?
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
maho
Mitglied

Beitrag von maho »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Di 30 Jan 2024 18:42 Hm... How have you done it before?
In the way I described in my original post. This works if the line thickness on the original Vector object is zero.

Perhaps this is the first time I tried cropping with a Vector with a non-zero thickness. Or perhaps the behaviour changed at some point. I was mystified. But sorted out now.

These forums are one of the best things about PL.