Free lasso and external editor

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Free lasso and external editor

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

One more!

Version 24.01.

PLD. Two layers. I make a selection with the free lasso on the top layer. Filter/External Program. Select, in my case, Denoise 6. Edit and return to Pl. Rather than just the selection being denoised the whole layer is. Now I've done this many times in the past. Select just the sky in an image and "denoise" the selection. Worked fine.

Is this a change re selections, External Programs or has something broken in v24?

Thanks

Ps I've tried this with other external programs such as Krita. PL is ignoring the selection. Edits are applied to the entire layer.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Free lasso and external editor

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: So 24 Dez 2023 03:46 PLD. Two layers. I make a selection with the free lasso on the top layer. Filter/External Program. Select, in my case, Denoise 6. Edit and return to Pl.
You are transferring the active layer to the external program?
bruce1951 hat geschrieben: So 24 Dez 2023 03:46 Rather than just the selection being denoised the whole layer is. Now I've done this many times in the past. Select just the sky in an image and "denoise" the selection. Worked fine.
Are you sure about this? I just tried with 23.53 and a selection had no effect.

However, it works with most plug-in.
bruce1951 hat geschrieben: So 24 Dez 2023 03:46 Is this a change re selections, External Programs or has something broken in v24?
Not that I know of. IMHO it never worked that way.

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Martin.
It's a feature I don't use often so my memory may be a be off. But I always use Denise 6 for noise removal. Have done so since denoise 6 was released. I use it as an external program. And often would select just the sky. So i will have to go back and try again to see if I can replicate my work flow.

Bruce
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

The current test version 24.40b8 (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7026) takes into account the selection with an external editor if the transfer mode is "Layer" and the active layer is an image.

You can test whether it works as you expect it to.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Martin.

I haven't the time at the moment for a full test but a quick edit on a Jpeg and it worked fine.

Thanks for listening to users.

bruce