Using Cmd/Ctrl C to copy an image, regression or deprecated?

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Using Cmd/Ctrl C to copy an image, regression or deprecated?

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

I've noticed in recent versions of Photoline, copying an image behaves differently than it used to. Imagine you've made several adjustments to an image, so those steps are in the undo/history list. Now you want to use one of the intermediate adjusted images, so you click on that step and: In previous versions when you used Cmd/Ctrl C to copy the image the undo/history stack remained intact. BUT now when you press Cmd/Ctrl C any undo/history stack after this intermediate step gets deleted . It was much better when the undo/history list remained intact. Is there some reason it was changed. If not, can it please be put back the way it used to work? Thanks
pixel8tor
Mitglied

Re: Using Cmd/Ctrl C to copy an image, regression or deprecated?

Beitrag von pixel8tor »

It's surprising there aren't others who also miss this feature. Anyway, out of curiosity, I went back to version 23 to figure out when this regression happened. In version 23 pressing Cmd/Ctrl C *does not* delete any later undo/history entries. But in version 24, and onward, Cmd/Ctrl C *does* delete any later undo/history entries. Please make Cmd/Ctrl C behave like it did before, in version 23 - not erasing any following undo/history states. Thanks
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

This is interesting behave. To be honest i never had a situation when need to copy/paste and same time keep history.
Well i just checked:
Photoshop and Affinity really don't deletes history when Press Cmd+C. They only deletes history when press later Cmd+V.
PhotLine deletes history when Press Cmd+C.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I hadn't noticed yet...
I used it when I forgot to work on a new layer and when I needed an old state of a layer. And it happens quite often that I forget something :lol:
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!