Beginner wanting to learn PhotoLine/editing

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
IllusionsDreams
Mitglied

Beginner wanting to learn PhotoLine/editing

Beitrag von IllusionsDreams »

Hi there,

I would like to begin learning a photo/graphics editing. I dabbled a very little in Affinity Photo but consider myself a blank slate. I don’t have any interest in photography but am interested in understanding the concepts like contrast, softness, etc. I found the Photoline Manual, and the “Introducing PhotoLine” tutorial in the FAQ area of the forum. I read the “Introducing PhotoLine” tutorial and began skimming through the Manual and liked how things were being explained. I would like to learn all that Photoline has to offer in depth what tools, filters, adjustments, etc. do and why things do what they do and when to use them. I do not want to learn what I need to do to do the bare minimum of a task. I do not like to learn by trying things out, I like to have a idea of what things do and why they do what they do. Please forgive me if this comes across as rambling thoughts, I dont have the knowledge or confidence to articulate this well but my goal is to achieve that. My question is how would you start/or recommend to learn PhotoLine from the very beginning. Thats very general, maybe a blanket statement if im using that right. I found the RussellCottrell tutorials through suggestions on various forums, but what else can I do and be looking for to set myself on the right track for an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals and the tools and skills needed equivalent of PhotoShop, Illustrator/ADesigner, and APublisher/InDesign?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Beginner wanting to learn PhotoLine/editing

Beitrag von shijan »

Here is thread with small collection of nice and simple tutorials for start: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6301

You may also install Customization Pack (it includes improved icons, cursors, layouts and keyboard shortcuts): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
IllusionsDreams
Mitglied

Re: Beginner wanting to learn PhotoLine/editing

Beitrag von IllusionsDreams »

Thank you so much. I’m looking forward to getting started on these! Thank you again for your time and followup.