Feature Request: assign ALT-J to Duplicate Layer Virtually

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Feature Request: assign ALT-J to Duplicate Layer Virtually

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

A very simple feature request.

Please assign ALT-J to the Duplicate Layer Virtually as a standard keyboard shortcut in PhotoLine.
In one of the threads here it was asked how to duplicate and merge multiple layers, and I reminded myself that I had set this shortcut to the Duplicate Layer Virtually function.

Duplicate Layer's shorcut is CTRL-J, and CTRL-J/CTRL-SHIFT-J are assigned for lasso options

ALT-J is assigned to JPEG compression (???) - it makes sense to use CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-J for this function? Does anyone here ever use the JPEG compression option? And if, it doesn't seem something one would do often.

In my opinion ALT-J is better assigned to duplicating a layer virtually:
CTRL-J duplicate layer
ALT-J duplicate layer virtually

So, if possible please remove the default shortcut ALT-J from JPEG compression, and assign that to Duplicate Layer Virtually.

And JPEG compression could still be set to CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-J then if necessary.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Feature Request: assign ALT-J to Duplicate Layer Virtually

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Fr 17 Nov 2023 21:34Does anyone here ever use the JPEG compression option?
I do, for bug reports or for compressing PDFs. But I'm fine with a different shortcut.

EDIT: ...to compress PDFs...
Zuletzt geändert von Hoogo am Sa 18 Nov 2023 13:01, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Feature Request: assign ALT-J to Duplicate Layer Virtually

Beitrag von shijan »

My Custom Keyboard Layout Project (currently part of PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Pack) use ALT-J to Duplicate Layer Virtually. Check it here viewtopic.php?p=51171#p51171
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302