Create action

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
lacogada
Mitglied

Create action

Beitrag von lacogada »

I'm very familiar with creating actions in Photoshop.

Cannot get an action to work in PL.
Read the help file and follwed the steps.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Create action

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Looks like you managed to create an action.
To play it:
  • Double click on it
  • Press the play button
    action.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
lacogada
Mitglied

Beitrag von lacogada »

I know how to use actions ... PL is not creating the action . Look at image I uploaded.

The action I created does not have the arrow to the left of the name as all other actions do.
Like its not accepting my commands or keystrokes.
lacogada
Mitglied

Beitrag von lacogada »

Here are the steps I've tried to create the action

1. New action
2. Name action
3. Edit - Options - Display - Grid
4. Set my grid size - Ok.
5. Stop recording

Hit the play button and nothing happens ... action is dead.

Could someone please try the steps above to create a grid action and see if it works for you.

NOTE : I can create actions that work when using adjustment layers ( curves, channel mixer, etc )
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Guess changes in "Options" just can't be recorded to actions. And this is logical.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

What you name "play button" is no play button, but a triangle to show the recorded steps inside an action.

Single settings of the options dialog can't be recorded to an action.
lacogada
Mitglied

Beitrag von lacogada »

Ok guys

Thanks for the replies
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I agree it could come in handy to be able to change grid settings in a more convenient manner.

I often change the grid settings depending on the project context, and I would love to have a separate panel with grid settings and presets. The only way I discovered to speed things up slightly is by displaying the grid buttons in a toolbar, and double-clicking that icon to open the grid settings instead of having to open the preferences first.

And other things I miss are isometric/perspective grids/any axionomic or oblique grid setups with full customization.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
lacogada
Mitglied

Beitrag von lacogada »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Sa 18 Nov 2023 22:24 I agree it could come in handy to be able to change grid settings in a more convenient manner.

I often change the grid settings depending on the project context, and I would love to have a separate panel with grid settings and presets. The only way I discovered to speed things up slightly is by displaying the grid buttons in a toolbar, and double-clicking that icon to open the grid settings instead of having to open the preferences first.

And other things I miss are isometric/perspective grids/any axionomic or oblique grid setups with full customization.
I agree with all ... thanks