Painting Matrix > Angle >Tilt Direction

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
betotex
Mitglied

Painting Matrix > Angle >Tilt Direction

Beitrag von betotex »

So when I assign and use this in the painting matrix nothing seems to happen.
Shouldn't it paint towards the direction I'm painting through?

Thanks in advance
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Painting Matrix > Angle >Tilt Direction

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 30 Sep 2023 06:33 So when I assign and use this in the painting matrix nothing seems to happen.
If you have a graphic tablet which supports the tilt direction of the pen, then the brush angle should adjust accordingly to its tilt direction.
betotex hat geschrieben: Sa 30 Sep 2023 06:33 Shouldn't it paint towards the direction I'm painting through?
If the brush angle should adjust accordingly to the direction of your mouse movement, you should use "Drawing Direction".

And - of course - "Angle" only has an effect, if the current brush isn't a circle, because a rotated circle is still a circle. So you either have to reduce the roundness of the brush or choose a different shape.
betotex
Mitglied

Beitrag von betotex »

You've made it clear for me. Same goes when using >Brush size > Random, so that it would vary the size of brush during the painting, with grap.tablet?

Anyways, I'm trying to paint furr easily, and I see that >Position > Random does a great job, scattering nicely the strokes bringing an interesting result.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

betotex hat geschrieben: Mo 02 Okt 2023 18:31 You've made it clear for me. Same goes when using >Brush size > Random, so that it would vary the size of brush during the painting, with grap.tablet?
"Random" doesn't need a graphic tablet. It changes the value randomly.

You can check the effect of your settings better by increasing the "Steps" value in the Brush Editor to a value larger than 200%. Then you will see the single brushes without overlapping while painting.