Color Picker Readouts

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Alan9940
Mitglied

Color Picker Readouts

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

I know that I can set how I want to see color readouts in the Picture Info panel, but is there any way to change how the values display in the small pop-up box next to the tool itself? I have the Picture Info panel set to show me RGB values, but the Color Picker tool itself reads out in percentages. It would be really nice if I could set the Color Picker itself to read out RGB values, too.
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Color Picker Readouts

Beitrag von shijan »

Can't see any problem:
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Di 22 Aug 2023 20:17It would be really nice if I could set the Color Picker itself to read out RGB values, too.
I don't understand exactly what you mean.

Basically, the following rules apply:
  • The different color models (RGB, Gray, CMYK, ...) can each be assigned their own unit. Thus, if the unit Byte (values from 0 to 255) is assigned to RGB at one place, all other places also use Byte for RGB.
  • For the color picker, you can set in the settings under "Working > Special" that read colors are always converted to the HSV color model.
  • In the tool settings of the color picker you can set whether the color is read from the active layer or from what is really visible. For example, if the color is read from the active layer and the active layer is a layer mask, the mask value is read.
  • If the HSV option mentioned above is not active, the color picker always reads in the color model of the image it is reading from. So in an RGB image it reads RGB colors, in a gray image it reads gray colors.
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mi 23 Aug 2023 11:42I don't understand exactly what you mean.
Hi Martin,

Never mind. I must have been day dreaming, yesterday, because today the Color Picker readouts are working exactly as I'd expect.

-Alan