List of Improvements and ideas for Color Palette

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
shijan
Mitglied

List of Improvements and ideas for Color Palette

Beitrag von shijan »

I remember some nice ideas and requests for Color Palette here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6346, so i want to bump some old requests and add some new ideas for discussion as well:
  • Allow unlimited amount of Color Palettes in menu
  • Allow to move color patches without copy and overwrite other patches (use drag + some key modifier for this).
  • Menu command to delete palette from menu list.
  • Allow to read Color Palettes directly from /Library/Preferences/PhotoLine/Palettes folder. Palettes disappears from menu if they where deleted from that folder.
    (Formally currently it almost works. If i create special folder, put there copies of palette files and import from that folder, they became visible in the list. If i delete palette files from that folder, they are no more visible in the list. The main problem is that PhotoLine can't automatically read form folder and so i need to import every new palette manually one by one.)
  • Show Lab, HSV and other color model names in Toolbox color area.
    (Probably this is not a perfect idea, because text is large and can't fit well to any size.
  • Show RGB, HIS, Lab modes for Gradients.
    BildBild
  • Automatically show color model name in color description.
    Bild
  • Triangle corner badges for Gray, CMYK and Lab are really nice and informative hint, but currently there is no badge for HSV mode.
  • In large amounts of patches triangle badges makes a lot of visual noise and it is very hard to read colors. I would like to see user option to show/hide those triangle corner badges. Sometimes i just want to see colors without any distraction.
    Bild
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Sa 19 Aug 2023 11:57, insgesamt 12-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: List of Improvements and ideas for Color Palette

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Honestly, I would just like to have all of these list windows to offer the option to create groups/folders and sub-groups/folders.

Same for brushes. Same for Patterns and Textures. Also for Gradients. And Document Colours. And Guides. And pretty much all the other "List" panels/windows.

Just add folders/grouping. Similar to the Actions list panel.

Pretty please? It would make life SO much easier managing all the presets.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Yes, folders could really help a lot with large collections. But folders also require more UI space.
For smaller collections i guess it could be useful to have an option to add separators between merged collections.
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

• One more Request/Idea: "Convert with Color Profile" for Color Swatches.
Described here: viewtopic.php?p=49643#p49643
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

So here is in summary my redesign idea for discussion:
- add upper left triangle corner badge for HSV mode
- Option to show/hide corner triangle badges (as well as Gray, CMYK rectangle badges in beta version).
- Add color mode name to colors description in list view and tooltips (so user could see color mode when triangle badges are hidden)

Bild
Bild