V24 Bug?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Alan9940
Mitglied

V24 Bug?

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Haven't used my Wacom tablet in awhile so I dusted it off today to play with it in PL and noticed something odd...

When "Activate Black Mode" is checked in Options>Display>User Interface and I apply a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer, the slider controls all reveal small round balls that I can grab with the pen and move effortlessly up/down the scale. When I uncheck "Activate Black Mode" and apply the same adjustment layer, all the sliders now reveal small vertical bars and I can't grab and move them. To move a slider, I have to click somewhere along the slider which, of course, makes fine adjustment impossible. I feel like I must be loosing my mind or missed some easy setting! What the heck is going on here?

On a related side note: I would be so grateful if...someday...I could set the image preview area to white (or near white) while the rest of the interface remains darker. I like to edit with a near white background, but moving the Background Color slider to the right lightens the entire interface making it somewhat difficult to clearly see the tools. I actually found that a setting of 232 is not too bad, and the interface still works!
shijan
Mitglied

Re: V24 Bug?

Beitrag von shijan »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: So 16 Jul 2023 23:48 On a related side note: I would be so grateful if...someday...I could set the image preview area to white (or near white) while the rest of the interface remains darker. I like to edit with a near white background, but moving the Background Color slider to the right lightens the entire interface making it somewhat difficult to clearly see the tools. I actually found that a setting of 232 is not too bad, and the interface still works!
Enable: View->Hide Border Content
Set background color for Picture Mode and Document Mode in: Preferences->Display->Document

I also recommend to set "Edge Width" for Picture Mode and Document Mode in Preferences->Display->Document to 1000%
And also uncheck Preferences->Working->Cursor->Scroll Image Content by Mouse Wheel.
This allow you to zoom in/out with mouse wheel and move image without any limitations within window.
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: So 16 Jul 2023 23:48 When "Activate Black Mode" is checked in Options>Display>User Interface and I apply a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer, the slider controls all reveal small round balls that I can grab with the pen and move effortlessly up/down the scale. When I uncheck "Activate Black Mode" and apply the same adjustment layer, all the sliders now reveal small vertical bars and I can't grab and move them. To move a slider, I have to click somewhere along the slider which, of course, makes fine adjustment impossible. I feel like I must be loosing my mind or missed some easy setting! What the heck is going on here?
You are on Windows? If you deactivate the black mode, PhotoLine uses standard Windows sliders which don't have a round knob, but this vertical bar you are seeing.
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 17 Jul 2023 10:59 You are on Windows? If you deactivate the black mode, PhotoLine uses standard Windows sliders which don't have a round knob, but this vertical bar you are seeing.
Yes. Windows 10 Pro, Version: 21H2, OS Build: 190443086

I fixed it, sort of, by downloading and installing the latest driver for my Wacom Tablet (Intuos Pro S). With "Activate Dark Mode" unchecked, I can now grab a slider handle and move it...eventually. It doesn't always work, it doesn't move smoothly when it does work, and it's nearly impossible to move the handle to a precise location. Again, with "Activate Dark Mode" checked, all sliders move buttery smooth.

I have attached a couple of screenshots so that you can see what I'm seeing. You will immediately notice the difference in the slider handles between "Activate Dark Mode" OFF vs ON. OFF reveals vertical bars, ON reveals orbs. Also, notice the emphasis on the Hue/Saturation layer between the two pics. This is nothing I did. I didn't touch the layers panel. I don't know if this is a clue, but when toggling "Activate Dark Mode" ON/OFF the layers panel flickers, as if something is getting reset with that panel?

Hope something I've said here and/or these pics leads you in a direction. I look forward to hearing what you find out.

Also, thanks for the user interface tip.

-Alan
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Well, as I said: If the dark mode is active, PhotoLine uses custom versions of many controls including sliders, buttons, popups, ... If the dark mode is not active, those controls are drawn and controlled by Windows.

If you prefer the sliders with the round knob, you should activate dark mode.

Martin
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 17 Jul 2023 19:55 If you prefer the sliders with the round knob, you should activate dark mode.
Yes, thank you, I have settled on dark mode because the round knobs are so much easier to grab with a pen, and the sliders move so much smoother than when controlled by Windows.

-Alan