Need a bit of help with v24

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Alan9940
Mitglied

Need a bit of help with v24

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Just upgraded to v24 on my MacBook Pro and I'm trying to get my filters/plugins working, but this doesn't seem to work like it did in prior versions. In Preferences, Extended>Plug-In Modules, and in the "enable" box I have a path pointing to my filters with the left checkbox checked. The right checkbox (Subfolders) is not checked as I have a single folder containing all my filters. That said, I tried checking that box, too, but it still doesn't work. I tried clicking the green "Update" button, then Apply, but nothing. What I mean by "doesn't work" and "nothing" is that the filters aren't showing up under the filter menu. Any ideas?

Thank you for any help provided.

-Alan
Alan9940
Mitglied

Re: Need a bit of help with v24

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Okay, got a few things figured out on my own. The reason some of my filters weren't available is because they're Windows only...didn't know. Another filter simply had to be updated to the .plugin version vs a .8bf file.

So, that leaves the few modules from the Nik Collection that I use all the time. The Nik Collection 6 modules are .app files. Do these need to be External Programs?

Thanks.
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

This must be answer your own question day! :)

Yep, the Nik Collection apps have to be defined as external programs in PL. However, the modules have the same issue that v6.0 had with PS in that the "Apply" button is missing at the bottom. DxO had many reports about this and quickly released version 6.1. I doubt they'd provide a fix for PL so I won't even report it. No biggie...it's just a couple of extra steps to save back to PL.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Sa 01 Jul 2023 18:21DxO had many reports about this and quickly released version 6.1. I doubt they'd provide a fix for PL so I won't even report it.
There is not really a fix needed. They just need to stop blocking PhotoLine:
viewtopic.php?p=51045#p51045

With version 5.2 the blocking of PhotoLine was removed, but with version 6 it reappeared :-(
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Thanks for the update, Martin.

The Nik plugins can be used in PL, it just requires a couple of extra steps: duplicate a plxel layer, call the plugin of choice and edit away, do a File>Save, and then Quit. The changes made in the plugin will be applied to the previously created layer.
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: Di 04 Jul 2023 19:57
The Nik plugins can be used in PL, it just requires a couple of extra steps: duplicate a plxel layer, call the plugin of choice and edit away, do a File>Save, and then Quit. The changes made in the plugin will be applied to the previously created layer.
This doesn't solve the problem with Nik 6 as a PL plugin on my system. I have opened a support ticket at DxO regarding their bug. Hopefully, it will be corrected.
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben: Sa 08 Jul 2023 16:29 This doesn't solve the problem with Nik 6 as a PL plugin on my system. I have opened a support ticket at DxO regarding their bug. Hopefully, it will be corrected.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I was told by DxO that they have no plans to support PhotoLine.