Printing Issue

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
skip
Mitglied

Printing Issue

Beitrag von skip »

I'm running Photoline 23.51 on macOS 13.1 Ventura.

My Canon pro-100 with Canon recommended driver 16.7 is available as a printer option in Photoline's Page Setup. All the Canon driver optional settings are available in Photoline's Print menu.

When I click the print button I receive an error message indicating that the printer must be installed. This is true when the pro-100 is the only printer on and available. When the default printer, a Samsung all-in-one, is also on and available, the print directive goes to it.

I can print flawlessly using the Canon pro-100 when using Affinity 2 or TextEdit on this system.

Photoline apparently does not recognize this printer's existence despite offering it as an option.

Gerhard looked at this for me. No solution was found.

Thought I'd ask here before beginning to reset/reinstall, etc. Anyone have a bright idea?

Thanks in advance.

Allen
bruce1951
Mitglied

Re: Printing Issue

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

FWIW I run PL on a Win 11 laptop. I have two printers connected. PL will only find my Epson 1430. I also have a Canon MP230 connected for general printing and scanning.
I have all the newest drivers installed.
PL wont print on the MP230 but it will find it for a scan!

It doesn't worry me but I thought it may help you knowing that PL doesn't find one of my printers.
skip
Mitglied

Beitrag von skip »

Appreciate the info.

I was moving toward using Photoline quite extensivel for photo processing. Not being able to use the printer obtained specifically for this purpose is frustrating.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

FWIW I use a dedicated print program called QImage. PL is ok for the odd draft print but I needed something like QImage to print museum prints. When you start 'playing' with paper, ink and printer profiles I don't believe PL is up to the task. I may be wrong but I'm not prepared to spend the time 'experimenting'.
skip
Mitglied

Beitrag von skip »

I've been using Qimage Ultimate for several years. It's a well-developed app that makes printing well reasonably simple. I have a lifetime license. Unfortunately, it's Windows only. I played with it a bit in Parallels, but was unable to reach driver satisfaction with the pro-100.

The Mac variant, Qimage One, prints well enough, but lacks a number of useful features found in Ultimate. Nonetheless, Qimage One may well be the best solution to my problem.

Again, thanks for your input.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

skip hat geschrieben: Fr 27 Jan 2023 22:32 When I click the print button I receive an error message indicating that the printer must be installed. This is true when the pro-100 is the only printer on and available. When the default printer, a Samsung all-in-one, is also on and available, the print directive goes to it.

I can print flawlessly using the Canon pro-100 when using Affinity 2 or TextEdit on this system.

Photoline apparently does not recognize this printer's existence despite offering it as an option.
I don't understand why PhotoLine's behavior is different from other applications, because on macOS the applications don't work directly with printers. They just provide the print data and the rest (print dialog, selection of the printer and the actual printing) is done by macOS.

I had an error with the same error message as yours on macOS 12.6.2: The print dialog inside PhotoLine showed the correct printer, but when hitting "Print" I got an error.
In my situation, I coud fix that by starting "System Preferences" and setting the printer as default printer in "Printers & Scanners".

Martin
skip
Mitglied

Beitrag von skip »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 30 Jan 2023 10:43 I had an error with the same error message as yours on macOS 12.6.2: The print dialog inside PhotoLine showed the correct printer, but when hitting "Print" I got an error.
In my situation, I coud fix that by starting "System Preferences" and setting the printer as default printer in "Printers & Scanners".
This works perfectly.

Thank you.