Inversion of hue/saturation

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Paul
Mitglied

Inversion of hue/saturation

Beitrag von Paul »

Hi,
I am trying to select all the red colours in a picture and want all the rest in grey.
The method I thought of was in the Hue/Saturation adjustment. But only the selected colour is put to grey, and all the rest remains coloured. Is there a way to invert the adjustment? All I can think of is select the other colours and slide the saturation to 0, but this will fail if I want, say, purple or brown to remain in colour.
Also, when I have made an adjustment in Hue/Saturation and want to change it later, the triangels in the slider have disappeared, so no correction is possible.

- Paul
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Re: Inversion of hue/saturation

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

Create a hue/saturation layer and turn the saturation all the way down to desaturate the image.
Then right-click the layer and create a color filter.
Choose HIS for the background, and use the sliders to select the hue range that you want the layer to apply to. If you want to keep red and desaturate everything else, for example, move the sliders in to exclude red. Split the sliders to create smooth transitions. You can also slide the selected ranges up and down with the mouse.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

You may also use Hue Editor adjustment layer to separate saturation of red color with curves like this (Normally it is done in HIS mode, but RGB, LAB and HSV modes may also give you different interesting looks of desaturated colors):
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Paul hat geschrieben: Sa 25 Jan 2020 14:50 I am trying to select all the red colours in a picture and want all the rest in grey.
The method I thought of was in the Hue/Saturation adjustment. But only the selected colour is put to grey, and all the rest remains coloured. Is there a way to invert the adjustment? All I can think of is select the other colours and slide the saturation to 0, but this will fail if I want, say, purple or brown to remain in colour.
The colours in the ranges 2 to 7 are just presets. For each of the six available ranges, you can set the hue range using the small triangles. You'll have to move the small triangles so that the indicator bar is black in the red range. It's probably best to start with the cyan or blue preset and extend its range. (The names of the ranges also change depending on the colour range selected – it's best to remember its position or keyboard shortcut.)

Usage is very similar to the colour filter mentioned above, but you have more than one filter availabe (which may be an advantage or confuding).
Paul hat geschrieben: Sa 25 Jan 2020 14:50 Also, when I have made an adjustment in Hue/Saturation and want to change it later, the triangels in the slider have disappeared, so no correction is possible.
To make the triangles re-appear, you have to re-select the range that you have used before (as I wrote above, remember its menu position or keyboard shortcut) – by default, the adjustment layer switches back to "all" EDIT: the last statement is wrong, by default, the current PL remembers the last range used.

Cheers

Burkhard
Zuletzt geändert von bkh am Mo 27 Jan 2020 11:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben: So 26 Jan 2020 12:34
Paul hat geschrieben: Sa 25 Jan 2020 14:50 Also, when I have made an adjustment in Hue/Saturation and want to change it later, the triangels in the slider have disappeared, so no correction is possible.
To make the triangles re-appear, you have to re-select the range that you have used before (as I wrote above, remember its menu position or keyboard shortcut) – by default, the adjustment layer switches back to "all".
That's strange. If I create an adjustment layer for a given hue range and edit it later, the modified hue range is preselected. This happens with both the modal and non-modal dialog.

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Mo 27 Jan 2020 10:40 That's strange. If I create an adjustment layer for a given hue range and edit it later, the modified hue range is preselected. This happens with both the modal and non-modal dialog.
You are right – with the current PL, the range also remains selected. (If I remember, earlier versions of PL used to switch back to "all".) Not sure why the TO has this problem – maybe he is using an older PL.

Cheers

Burkhard
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben: Mo 27 Jan 2020 11:25You are right – with the current PL, the range also remains selected. (If I remember, earlier versions of PL used to switch back to "all".) Not sure why the TO has this problem – maybe he is using an older PL.
I don't think that that is the problem, because the behavior already changed in version 18.53.

I did some more tests and found out that it only works if the range has been changed. I will fix that.
Also ranges with a modification will be marked by a '*'.

Martin
Paul
Mitglied

Beitrag von Paul »

Thanks you all, this has helped me a lot.

- Paul