Setting to disable the tools circle

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
mrocha
Mitglied

Setting to disable the tools circle

Beitrag von mrocha »

Please if possible, an day, add a setting to disable the white circle that PL show when you click and drag for instance on auto transparency and flood fill tools and others, keeping just the blue marking, I think without the circle would be more easy to see the blue mark where the tool is changing. Thanks.
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Setting to disable the tools circle

Beitrag von shijan »

I agree. Tool circle filled with additional semi transparent overlay draws too many attention and makes things hard to see trough. It is better to make it look same as circle used in other brush tools.
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

On the other hand: It shows very clearly that dragging has some functionality. That's a real benefit when you're new to the program, that functionality can easily be overlooked if you test it with the wrong picture.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
mrocha
Mitglied

Beitrag von mrocha »

I think ideal is not remove the feature, but add a setting, so the new users can understand better the tools, but older users, that know well the tools can disable it and get a better experience.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Special switch for this insignificant visual option feels like useless waste of time to code. It is way simpler just make circle fully transparent, so user can see things inside circle. It will not make any difference for understanding of tool functionality.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Just to clarify things. Purpose from mrocha was to remove tool circle completely (this can affect understanding of tool functionality). So maybe circle could be fully hidden if CapsLock key pressed?

But my purpose was to remove only white semi-transparent fill inside tool circle (this can't affect understanding of tool functionality)
Example:
Bild
mrocha
Mitglied

Beitrag von mrocha »

Remove only white semi-transparent fill can be a option also, but I don't think that removing the circle completely can affect the understanding of tool functionality so much, the difference is very small, because the blue mark without the white layer would be very visible. And if when dragging use a cursor a bit different? Maybe change the cursor color or a bit different format?