Problem with DXF scale.

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
borgo1971
Mitglied

Problem with DXF scale.

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

I learned recently that PhotoLine could be useful to make simple edits in DXF files, but I got a problem with the scale opening DXF files created (from ArchiCAD through a plug-in) for governative software. So, even the fault could be in DXF, there's no hope to get an adjustment from governative software requests (the ArchiCAD plug-in is built to respect governative software request for DXF). PL32 obviously could not go out of standard, but maybe, it could permit a DXF scaling in import and export, like other software does.
The problem is that entry DXF that should be printed in an A4 sheet, appears out of scale in PhotoLine (I can't see entry DXF, even in 0,8% view). I bundle the DXF for developers, if they can spend some time on this.
Planimetria.dxf.zip
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Problem with DXF scale.

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

I will have a look on it.
In the meantime, you can use "Layout > Document > Scale Document".
Setup the with to 210 mm (DIN A4) or the height to 297 mm. That's all.
borgo1971
Mitglied

Beitrag von borgo1971 »

Thanks for your response. I saw that what I need is a 1:200 scale factor, that I can get using 0.5%. But I saw even that I lose many DXF objects, so I can't really use PhotoLine for editing this files. No sense lose your time on this... even asking a import/export scale factor could have sense in other case.
maho
Mitglied

Beitrag von maho »

I also have been using PL to work with .DXF files. Scaling is an interesting (hard) question.

For example, I made a .SVG file outside of PL, with all dimensions given in pixels. I then opened it in PL, and exported a .DXF. Somehow, PL "knew" that I intended a scale of 300 dots per inch, even though I didn't specify that in the SVG.

This was fortunate as it was exactly what I wanted. But I don't know how PL "knew" the right scale.