How to resize a text using the layer handles?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Simon
Mitglied

How to resize a text using the layer handles?

Beitrag von Simon »

Hi,

Do you know how to increase decrease the size of a text box using its layer handless?
I know that pressing Ctrl you can modify the width and the height but I wonder if there a way to change both at the same time as most programs do.
I also know there is the scale tool, but I want to use the layer handless.

Thank you
Zuletzt geändert von Simon am Di 19 Feb 2019 16:49, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: How to resiexe a text using the layer handles?

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Simon hat geschrieben: Do 07 Feb 2019 04:56Do you know how to increase decrease the size of a text box using its layer handless?
I know that pressing Ctrl you can modify the width and the height but I wonder if there a way to change both at the same time as most programs do.
I don't understand the question. It's like you said: Ctrl (Cmd on macOS) activates special scaling and allows to change the text size and the corner handles change both size and width. Shift will toggle proportional scaling.

Martin
Simon
Mitglied

Beitrag von Simon »

Your are right, I did not explain myself well. I do not want to modify the text box but the text inside.
As you say, the text box changes pressing the Shift key, so, I want to get the same behaviour with the font size.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Now I'm unsure. You want to resize the layer frame and by doing that scale the text inside the text layer?
If so: If the active tool ist the Layer Tool, you can turn on an extended handle mode by either using the gear icon in the Tool Setting or by pressing and holding the Ctrl key (Cmd on macOS).
In extended mode the handles work differently. Clicking+dragging a handle will distort the layer. And if the active layer is a text layer, clicking+dragging outside a handle - which normally rotates the layer - will scale the content of the text layer along with its frame.

Martin
Simon
Mitglied

Beitrag von Simon »

Thank you very much Martin. It was a long time since I did not use the gear in the Layer Tool.

I also found I was making a big mistake using the handles, as you know, depending of how close to it you are is the functionality that you get, in this case, if you are CLOSE the handle by pressing Ctrl you get an arrow symbol and you are able to resize the font, but if you are OVER such handle you will get the trapezius symbol, so you may distort the font.