How does Layer List: "Lock Transparency" switch work?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Simon
Mitglied

How does Layer List: "Lock Transparency" switch work?

Beitrag von Simon »

Hi,

Do you know what does Layer List: "Lock Transparency" switch do?
I try to click it and nothing happens. The manual does not provide an explanation.

Thank you
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: How does Layer List: "Lock Transparency" switch work?

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

The manual says:
Lock Transparent Areas can only be selected, if the active layer is an image and has an alpha channel (see chapter 2.3.2, creation of an alpha channel see chapter 4.11). If the switch is selected, the alpha channel will be protected and can not be modified by image operations like painting or like filters.
I will change "Lock Transparent Areas" to "Lock transparency".
Again, if someone comes up with a better explanation or tells me what's missing, I can modify it.

Martin
Simon
Mitglied

Re: How does Layer List: "Lock Transparency" switch work?

Beitrag von Simon »

Again, if someone comes up with a better explanation or tells me what's missing, I can modify it.
May you show where is explained in chapter 2.3.2 and 4.11 how to create an alpha channel and how it is related with the Layer Panel/List? Because I do not see it, on the first chapter is alpha channel explanation, but not how to work with it. The second neither explain how PL works.

I found by myself that you may choose the transparency selector in the layer panel, but as I said, it is not explained in the manual.

I love PL but it needs to invest in documentation, you should not need to be an expert in the manual to learn how it works, actually the Help button from the tool bar should provide enough information, instead it opens the manual and as I has showed, such does not explain anything.

The new PL competitors has been focused in usability, they may not be easier or better than PL but they have a bunch of tutorials and a better manual.