Photoline in Linux/Wine with HiDPI

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
kybos
Mitglied

Photoline in Linux/Wine with HiDPI

Beitrag von kybos »

I am trying to use PL (21.01) in Wine 4.0 (Linux Mint 19.1) with a 4k screen. Wine is set to 192dpi.
The icons in PL and most of the texts scale correctly, but all the tabstrip titles and also the layer descriptions are not scaled at all, they are so small as to be unreadable (it is still much smaller in reality than in the screenshot below). Also the cursor in the layer dialog is a little displaced but this is not a big issue.

Example:
PL_Wine_HiDPI.png
I guess this is more a problem in Wine, but perhaps somebody has a solution or a hint.
PL seems to run pretty well in Wine otherwise, so I hope it can be solved somehow.

Thanks,
kybos
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
russellcottrell
Mitglied

Re: Photoline in Linux/Wine with HiDPI

Beitrag von russellcottrell »

In Fedora 28, Wine 4.0 stable, when I scale wine up to 192 the titles scale with the rest. But I do not have a high-def screen.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

I just updated my Wine to 4.0 (Linux Mint 19.1, too), set the dpi to 192 via wincfg and started PhotoLine. Everything looked fine.

I am not a wine expert, but did you maybe change one of the Windows fonts. The small items of your screenshot are drawn using the so-called "small caption font", a font used in Windows to draw the title of utility windows.

Martin
kybos
Mitglied

Beitrag von kybos »

I was not aware of having manipulated something relevant (it was an almost clean install of Wine, with only 2 or 3 programs installed before PhotoLine), but obviously there was something wrong with it.
I purged everything and reinstalled, now Photoline looks perfectly OK!

Thank you!
Kybos