image size reduction for web

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
cleob

image size reduction for web

Beitrag von cleob »

:?:
If I just want to reduce a jpeg from 85 k to perhaps 10 k will that reduce load time and how do I do this? In save as section will it prompt for size of image? I am working on a spiritual (church) web site as a volunteer.
Harry
Mitglied

Re: image size reduction for web

Beitrag von Harry »

cleob hat geschrieben::?:
If I just want to reduce a jpeg from 85 k to perhaps 10 k will that reduce load time and how do I do this? In save as section will it prompt for size of image? I am working on a spiritual (church) web site as a volunteer.
Menu: "File" -> "Save As" -> (opens Save-Dialog)
Click "Save Options" -> (opens Options-Dialog)
Click on "File" -> "jpeg"
Use the "JPEG Compression" slider to reduce file size.
Note: Lower compression implicates lower quality.
For a "faster" download select "Progressive JPEG", so your browser can load the image in parts.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Use the function "Web/Web Export...". Here you can setup "JPEG" for the destination format. There is a slider where you can setup the compression rate. Use this to create 85k or 10k.

Gerhard
Harry
Mitglied

Beitrag von Harry »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: Use the function "Web/Web Export...". Here you can setup "JPEG" for the destination format. There is a slider where you can setup the compression rate. Use this to create 85k or 10k.

Gerhard
o(de)r so.

:-)

Harry
Gast

Re: image size reduction for web

Beitrag von Gast »

cleob hat geschrieben::?:

:D THANK YOU for all the advice! As you can see I am so new at this.
mizcleo@sbcglobal.net
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

And try "Palettes"

Beitrag von Michael Roek-Ramirez »

Use "Web Export" as Gerhard stated, and try different color depths and Palettes.
Depending on your image, this might be a way to reduce up to 30% without any quality loss, and then try the above.

Regards from Mexico
Michael