Match color

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Juan
Mitglied

Match color

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

Is there a way to match colors from a source image to a target image? I remember that PS (sorry to say it) has something like that which is awesome.

On my case I have to change the color of a building facade (Ihave the mask already) with a RGB values given by the client, I have tried using Hue/saturation in colorize mode but is impossible to use an specific rgb value.

Thanks in advance,
Juan
bkh
Betatester

Re: Match color

Beitrag von bkh »

Juan hat geschrieben:On my case I have to change the color of a building facade (Ihave the mask already) with a RGB values given by the client, I have tried using Hue/saturation in colorize mode but is impossible to use an specific rgb value.
Three ideas:
1) Try "Replace Colours". Play with both the source and destination tolerance values!

2) Create a sample patch of the RGB colour. Add a colour position marker where you want this colour, set the marker to display HIS values in Picture Info. Then use a second marker on the facade, and use the sliders in the Hue/Saturation panel to get the same HIS values. I probably wouldn't use Colorise Mode because this will also colorise little details on the facade.

3) Use the Curves panel (RGB mode). Select the grey point picker and click on the colour of the facade. This will add a control point to each of the R, G, and B curves (don't worry if the preview looks terrible). Then go to the R panel, select the control point in the middle of the curve and enter the desired R value in the field "y:". Repeat with the G and B channels.

If the colour change is small, there shouldn't be a big difference between the two methods.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi Burkhard,
Thanks for your reply, very helpful :D
bkh hat geschrieben:1) Try "Replace Colours". Play with both the source and destination tolerance values!
Pretty fast way, but it give me a little "bland" colors, then I would need to add a saturation adjustment but then I can get the risk to alter so much the original color, but for a fast approximation is excellent.
bkh hat geschrieben:Create a sample patch of the RGB colour. Add a colour position marker where you want this colour, set the marker to display HIS values in Picture Info. Then use a second marker on the facade, and use the sliders in the Hue/Saturation panel to get the same HIS values. I probably wouldn't use Colorise Mode because this will also colorise little details on the facade.
This sounded the most "elegant" and logical method but for some reason I can´t get the saturation value to match, maybe because I´m working on 32bit depth and Hue/Saturation doesn´t work there?
Here is a screenshot:
colors.jpg
bkh hat geschrieben:Use the Curves panel (RGB mode). Select the grey point picker and click on the colour of the facade. This will add a control point to each of the R, G, and B curves (don't worry if the preview looks terrible). Then go to the R panel, select the control point in the middle of the curve and enter the desired R value in the field "y:". Repeat with the G and B channels.
I have to be honest with you, I tried this method as well but I become a mess, I could follow it :lol: :oops:

Cheers
Juan
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

I found this little plugin which is fantastic at it´s simplicity http://www.jnrubin.net/psi/, it works on PL32bits but only for 8bit depth images, would be awesome that the developers could work together with him to expand it to PL64bits and to work on 8,16,32 bit depth, or even implement it natively on PL, is a real gem this little plugin and something more amazing is that they name PL into the supported applications http://www.jnrubin.net/psi/hosts.html.

Cheers
Juan
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Juan hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:Create a sample patch of the RGB colour. Add a colour position marker where you want this colour, set the marker to display HIS values in Picture Info. Then use a second marker on the facade, and use the sliders in the Hue/Saturation panel to get the same HIS values. I probably wouldn't use Colorise Mode because this will also colorise little details on the facade.
This sounded the most "elegant" and logical method but for some reason I can´t get the saturation value to match, maybe because I´m working on 32bit depth and Hue/Saturation doesn´t work there?
I guess you have to use "Colorise Mode" here because there's hardly any saturation in the original walls. (I had imagined that you wanted to change to a colour with similar saturation. Works pretty well, I think:
screenshot.jpg
(Note that I picked a different spot on the wall — your colour seems too dark for a wall in direct sunlight.)
In any case, it can happen that a single Hue/Saturation adjustment layer doesn't give you enough saturation. In that case, just add a second adjustment (but without the colorise mode).

If you need more control over the way colorising works, you can also add an orange layer in one of the modes Colour/Multiply/Hard Light/Linear Light/… and an appropriate intensity and just use Hue/Saturation for fine tuning. Depends on how much original colour hue you want to preserve.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.