Font kerning in Mac OS X

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
addison
Mitglied

Font kerning in Mac OS X

Beitrag von addison »

I can't seem to get the "Font Kerning Active" checkbox to work. Obvious gaps still appear in letter combinations like "Wo" and it seems to occur at all sizes. Neither Postscript Type 1 nor TrueType fonts are affected. I currently use version 9.5 but I was testing 10.51--same results in both versions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Addison
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Font kerning in Mac OS X

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

addison hat geschrieben:I can't seem to get the "Font Kerning Active" checkbox to work. Obvious gaps still appear in letter combinations like "Wo" and it seems to occur at all sizes. Neither Postscript Type 1 nor TrueType fonts are affected. I currently use version 9.5 but I was testing 10.51--same results in both versions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Addison
Yes, you are right. That doesn't work on Mac OS.
We are going to investigate this problem.

Martin
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
addison hat geschrieben:I can't seem to get the "Font Kerning Active" checkbox to work. Obvious gaps still appear in letter combinations like "Wo" and it seems to occur at all sizes. Neither Postscript Type 1 nor TrueType fonts are affected. I currently use version 9.5 but I was testing 10.51--same results in both versions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Addison
Yes, you are right. That doesn't work on Mac OS.
We are going to investigate this problem.

Martin
Thank you. I appreciate your time. I believe PhotoLines's text features help put it over the top--I'd like to see the kerning work.

Sincerely,
Addison
addison
Mitglied

Beitrag von addison »

Sorry, "Guest" is me--I wasn't logged in.

-Addison
addison
Mitglied

Kerning work yet?

Beitrag von addison »

Is the kerning problem fixed in 10.52 for Mac? I'm looking to upgrade...

Thanks,
Addison
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Kerning work yet?

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

addison hat geschrieben:Is the kerning problem fixed in 10.52 for Mac? I'm looking to upgrade...

Thanks,
Addison
No, I'm sorry. In order to support kerning on Mac OS a lot of changes had to be made and we are still testing them.

Martin
addison
Mitglied

Re: Kerning work yet?

Beitrag von addison »

Thanks for letting me know--your contact with the users is one reason this software is so great. Maybe the next upgrade...

-Addison