Help with Layers

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
joe mama
Mitglied

Help with Layers

Beitrag von joe mama »

I use PL32 pretty much only for photo editing. What I would like to do, is take an image, make copies (layers) of that image and do various things to each layer (for example, have one layer sharpened, another blurred, another grayscale, etc.), and then use a feature like copybrush to take the effect from one layer and copy it onto the working layer.

How do I do this?

Thanks!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Help with Layers

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

joe mama hat geschrieben:I use PL32 pretty much only for photo editing. What I would like to do, is take an image, make copies (layers) of that image
Well, there is nothing special in using layers. The most important thing is having the Layer dialog on-screen (menu command View/Dialogs/Layers). Here you can see all layers of your document. Right-clicking (or Cmd-click on Mac OS) one of those layers shows possible operations like creating a new layer, copy an existing one or deleting the active layer.
In PhotoLine 32 a layer may have any size: it can be as large as the background layer or smaller or larger.
joe mama hat geschrieben:and do various things to each layer (for example, have one layer sharpened, another blurred, another grayscale, etc.),
If you select a layer in the layers dialog, all tools and functions will work on this layer.
joe mama hat geschrieben: and then use a feature like copybrush to take the effect from one layer and copy it onto the working layer.

How do I do this?

If you want to use the copybrush to copy between layers, you first have to select the source layer (using the layers dialog), click while holding shift to set the source point, switch to the destination layer and copy by drawing. This works between documents, too.

Martin
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

shortcut

Beitrag von Michael Roek-Ramirez »

Hello Joe:

To copy layers there is a short cut:
As Gerhard explained, you should have the Layers Dialogue open (btw: That is the most important dialogue... I allways keep it open!)
At the bottom you have some icons..... the second leftmost means "copy active layer".
You will get an exact copy!

Referring to copying an effect from one layer to another one, that is NOT what PL32 calls "copy brush" (The copy brush just copies image contents, you can draw the contents from one point in the image to another one, even between layers).

The only way to copy effects from one layer to another AFAIK is to create the effect by a so called "action", a recordable sequence of operations which is used to automate functions, effects and user activity.
You can playback that action on any other layer (a standart action may be used e.g. to scale an image to a specific size, than sharpen it etc.)

Regards

Michael