Remove Brush

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
PhilM
Mitglied

Remove Brush

Beitrag von PhilM »

I like the way the "Remove Brush" tool works in PL.
It is quite efficient to correct skin defects.

I like also the "Retry" button.

Would it be possible to mimic the way Adobe Lr "Spot Removal" tool works : after you click (or drag), highlight the target and the source area used ?
And be able to move the source around to optimize the result ?
Note : In Lr, you can also move the target.

Would be great !

Regards.

Phil
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Remove Brush

Beitrag von shijan »

Formally Healing Brush could work as you described, but in reality Healing Brush in PhotoLine use totally different healing method math. Not sure why it was designed like this.
Overall i agree that Remove Brush is very nice tool and could be even better if it have option to manually set source point similar to Healing Brush.
Or just if Healing Brush could use same healing method as Remove Brush.
By the way, i also asked for same additional options here https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... 732#p47732
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
PhilM
Mitglied

Beitrag von PhilM »

Yes, I know that the PL Remove Brush uses a different math than Lr.
But it guesses a source area in a similar way.

It would be nice to see where it picked the source and be able to move it around.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

PhilM hat geschrieben: Do 21 Jul 2022 07:26 It would be nice to see where it picked the source and be able to move it around.
It uses its neighbourhood as source. It is a frame with the width and the height of the destination area.
PhilM hat geschrieben:It is quite efficient to correct skin defects.
The Remove Brush just copies source pixels and doesn't make any brightness/hue adjustments, so if you'd choose a source area with a different brightness, there will be visible edges.
IMHO the Healing Brush is better for correcting skin defects.

Martin